Thursday, February 20, 2014

Old Classics

I don't know about other people but I don't really care for Television.   I much prefer to listen to the Old Time Radio Shows that were started in the 1920's.  Usually in the 20's up to about the mid 1930's they were basically news reports and Presidential  talks or activities  and sports event's in the cities and towns were the stations were situated.  But the Music was fantastic.  I love the music up to about 1949.  Classical and the music of the early to mid 1900's. 
I had lost a site that I had gotten old 1900-1920's music and I was a bit upset.  When I went to put some OTR (Old Time Radio shows on a MP3 for my youngest son I found some of the music on my computer and the rest as they say is history. 
If you like to use the OTR for your children as you homeschool or if you enjoy it just for the fun of listening then I suggest you go to 2 different sites.  The first is Botar which has Old Time Radio and the Old Music from the early 1900's and the second is Kiddy Record Weekly.  Although Kiddy Record Weekly is not technically Old Time Radio if you have young children they will enjoy the Old "Little Golden Book" stories that we had when we were little.  We got the book and a record to listen to the book at the same time. 


You can find these two sites at


Botar  http://www.botar.us/


Kiddie Records Weekly   http://www.kiddierecords.com/


I hope that you will find these as enjoyable as my son and I find these two sites.  As I go through my links I will find more sites where you can find Old Time Radio sites where you can listen or where you can download these wonderful old stories and songs.


Jackie



No comments:

Post a Comment