Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cooking site that you will love!

Some time ago I found a recipe site called Grandma's Kitchen.   The owner's name is Don Bell.  He has been collecting recipes that we would call "Recipes that Grandma used to make."  These recipes have not been updated (which I really like) and it makes me want my wood cook stove up and working again.  I love this site.  I think you will also when you check them out.  The link for the blog is:  http://www.homemade-dessert-recipes.com/grandmas-kitchen.html




I am putting one recipe in this blog to give you a thirst for more.   Since it is close to Valentines day I am putting one of his Valentines candy Recipes.  Enjoy and have a wonderful Valentines day.


Chocolate Fudge Hearts, Or Rounds
2 cups of granulated sugar
1/3 cup of condensed milk
1/3 cup of water
1/4 cup of butter
1-1/2 squares of Baker's Chocolate
1 teaspoonful of vanilla extract

Boil the sugar, milk, and water to 236°F, or to the "soft ball" degree; stir gently every few minutes; add the butter and let boil up vigorously, then remove from the fire and add the chocolate; let stand undisturbed until cool, then add the vanilla and beat the candy until it thickens and begins to sugar.

Pour into a pan lined with paper to stand until cooled somewhat; turn from the mold and cut with a tiny heart-shaped cookie cutter or cut into symmetrical shapes with a French cutter or a sharp edged tube.




Jackie


No comments:

Post a Comment