Saturday, January 25, 2014

Hints for finding time for MOM

I read a email that asked for hints for a mom who was about to loose it because she had children that were quite different in age.  I wrote to the blog owner with some hints that might help that mom and I began to think that maybe these hints would be helpful to other moms who are being run ragged even if they only have one child. 


Here are the hints I came up with.  If you have any ideas that I have not put down share them with me and I will share them with others.


Jackie


1.  See if a church in your area has a mom's day out program.
2.  Can your husband take care of the children while you takes your shower or bath at night?  Even giving you a half hour to take your shower will give you time to care for yourself.
3.  Get a baby sitter for a couple hours on the weekend and plan the next weeks homeschool materials.
4.  A 9 year old is old enough to care for the baby while you showers.
5.  Make the baby's naptime everyone's naptime including the 9 year old. That should give you some time to do things for yourself.  I know a 9 year old will complain but hey mom has to have some time herself.
6.  Is there another young mom in the neighborhood that would be willing to swap child care for a specific time with you once a week.  You can take care of the other moms children one day for a couple hours and the other mom can take care of your children one day for a couple hours.
7.  This is one of the most important.  Choose which emails you get and decide which ones you really wants to continue to get and cancel the others.  You needs your time and too much email is too much email.  I am learning that myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment